1. To dry nail polish in a hurry, spray nails with PAM Oil Spray.
2. Remove Planter's Warts with banana peels.
Before bedtime tape a banana peel inside to the skin, over
the wart, and cover with a bandage. Within a couple of days the wart
will be gone.
3. Olive oil can be added to bath water for a skin softener.
4. Save money on services you need by receiving them from
students in training. Examples: Hairdresser, Dental, Massage.
5. Make your own flexible ice packs. Pour 3/4 cup water and 1/4
cup rubbing alcohol into a zip-type plastic bag and close. Put
zipped bag into another bag, seal, and freeze. You will have a
slushy bag of ice whenever needed for sprains, headaches, or
6. Ask your doctor for free samples. Pharmaceutical companies
flood doctors with samples of all kinds of expensive prescrip-
tions. If your doctor doesn't offer, ask.
7. Always consider generic. Ask your doctor to prescribe the
cheapest form of medicine.
8. Toner/Astringent -- Use witch hazel instead. No need to dilute -- use full
strength. You can also rinse with a splash of Apple Cider Vinegar after
cleansing -- it balances out the ph of your skin.
9. Cut back on the amount of shampoo you use. Do the same with toothpaste.
The manufacturers want us to use more, so we buy more.
10. Keep your pantyhose in the freezer, and they will last longer.
11. For great lotion, mix one-part lotion with one-part vaseline. It works
better than plain lotion, and, depending on the cost of your lotion, you
can stretch its value.
12. Remove gum from hair with nail polish remover, then shampoo.
13. To prevent hair pins from falling out, bend one prong in a "V" about halfway up and insert in hair.
It will stay.
14. To keep Cold Cream from spoiling and to maintain its freshness, keep it in the refrigerator. Plus
it is so cool!
15. Old lipstick tubes, thoroughly cleaned, are great for purse-sized pill boxes or for pins.
16. Use a lazy susan at bedside to enable sick to reach more items.
17. Emergency Sinus Relief - swap white vinegar high up in the nostrils.
18. To cure a cigarette habit - Take before breakfast 1/2 teaspoon each of Rochelle Salts and Cream of Tartar, also chew Ginseng
root and swallow the juice.
19. Use hydrogen peroxide as an inexpensive nail bleach.
20. Instead of purchasing a tube of Chap Stick for $1.49, pay the same price for a container of petroleum jelly, and divide it into small containers to carry with you to use for chapped lips.
21. Mix dry oatmeal and water into a paste and spread on face. Lie down and let it dry. Wash off with warm water. Excellent
22. Visit your hairdresser during the week, as sometimes they offer haircuts cheaper than on busier Saturdays.
23. Know what your health insurance pays for.
24. Coupons for health and beauty products that say good on "One Any Size" can be used on trial sizes. If you have a 1.00 coupon off of your favorite shampoo, and the trial size is only .99 cents, you will get it free!
25. For the truly frugal - when you can no longer squeeze any more toothpaste out of the tube, cut the tube open, and scrape the remainder into a bowl. Add baking soda and some water, and you can double the amount of the toothpaste.
26. To stretch your shampoo pour half of bottle into empty bottle, and add water to fill both. You have twice as much now, and it will work just the same.
27. Free fingernail brush - When washing your hair, before you rinse off the shampoo run your fingernails through your hair a few times. Then rinse.
28. Bee Stings - Remove stinger if there is any and dampen area and put Meat Tenderizer on area. Just leave awhile.
29. Facial Moisturizer - Petroleum jelly makes a great moisturizer. Wash your face and while it is still wet apply a tiny amount of jelly. Continue rubbing in a circular motion adding very warm water until jelly is spread evenly. Your skin will be soft and non-greasy even in the winter.
30. Removing makeup - Use a damp washcloth rather than cotton balls to remove makeup. It works great and also saves natural resources.
31. Melted Lipstick - Don't throw away that expensive lipstick after leaving it in the car. Just place it in the freezer and it will be like new.
Transfer to another container, if necessary.
32. Extend the Usage of Your Stick Deodorant - When you can no longer use the sticks because the deodorant is below the plastic line, set the container aside. When you have several near-empty containers, microwave them for about 10 seconds until the remaining deodorant liquifies. Pour the liquid deoderant into a plastic container and let harden.
33. Two-minute tummy tuck: Seated or standing anywhere, inhale allowing the
abdominal muscles to relax gently outward. Think of your tummy as a balloon.
Exhale, contracting the abdominal tightly inward as if you were trying to get
every single bit or air out of the balloon. Hold a minute and inhale to